Tom Kha Gai (vegetarian)
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 medium-large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small knob fresh ginger
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (or any high heat cooking oil)
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thin sliced
- juice from 2 medium limes
- chili paste to taste (depends on level of spiciness you desire)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro
- In a large sauce pot heat oil and onion at medium heat until translucent.
- Crack stems of lemon grass with the handle or heel of your knife to release juices add to onions.
- Simmer lemongrass with onion on medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop about 1-2 inches of fresh ginger. Add to lemon grass and onion mixture.
- Add coconut milk and water, turn heat up to medium-high and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and steep all of the flavors for about 10-15 minutes. Scoop out, or strain the lemon grass bits.
- Add sweet potato and mushrooms and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add lime, chili paste, and sea salt and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Busy Bee Organics https://busybeeorganics.com/